How to Mix and Match Well: Nautical Stripes + Bold Florals
I love to think outside of the box when putting my outfits together. Some friends say being a print designer and artist gives me an advantage :). You've probably noticed from a few earlier posts that I love to mix and match quite often. I thought I'd share some quick tips on how you too may mix and match well using this personally styled look from my collaboration with Attollé Clothiers.
How to Mix and Match Well
- Think outside of the box to send one strong and cohesive message. Think "what goes with what" without being all over the place. In this look, my style message was/is "Colored Loveliness". In other words, I wanted to appear feminine and lovely with my choice of prints and colors.
- Select a base color to work with to accomplish point 1: For instance, in this look my base color is the nautical/navy blue. I worked from my skirt to my blouse. I simply chose a shade of blue that complimented the solid base of my skirt. See another good example from an earlier post here.
- Choose the right shoes: I chose a nude pair of shoes because I did not want to distract or diffuse the focus on my prints. My print mix is strong enough and bringing in another strong color with my shoes will take away from my lovely presentation.
- Compliment with solid accessories: Notice how my choice of my belt and bracelets are solid, keeping down any distractions.
- Work It, Work It, Work It: Straighten your shoulders, hold your head up high and wear your mix and match with a whole lot of positive energy and charisma!