"Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever." Ralph Lauren
I couldn't agree more with this quote by Ralph Lauren. I have learned the importance of knowing what suits me for any outfit I select. I have also learned to stay true to my inner me and personality regardless of what I wear. With extreme cold temperatures in the U.S now, the need to stay warm, comfortable, yet stylish is very important to me. Like Ralph Lauren stated, I'd stick with Classic Style over Fashion.
The classic equestrian look has become a functional staple of most women particularly in Europe and in the Americas. There a few brands that showcase this category very nicely - Ralph Lauren in my opinion is a general that inspires most. I thought I'd share my own take on this classic ensemble. It's an inspiration you may follow year after year while staying true to your personality. Can you tell that I feel very comfortable in this look? Let's just say I'm waiting patiently for my horse to show up - lol. Would you wear this look? Please comment or suggest...
- Plaid shirt from Juicy Couture, find here or other option here
- Plaid blazer from Dillard's, old, your choice here or here
- Belt from Talbots, old, find similar here or here
- Denim pants, your choice here or here
- Over the knee riding boots by Vince Camuto, now on sale here
- Hair and Face @MalaikaCherie in the U.S, thanks for your fervent commitment
- The gorgeous handbag was a custom gift to me by a very special couple/clients @LekeandOlatoy. Thank you so much, this bag was the perfect gift! I enjoyed designing and producing your wedding collateral :))
- Photography @Muyiwa of Forever Day Photos - Thank you for all you do!