Style + Loveliness: How to Be Lovely (A Quick Guide)
adj. love·li·er, love·li·est
- Full of love; loving.
- Inspiring love or affection.
- Having beauty that appeals to the emotions as well as to the eye.
- Enjoyable; delightful.
n. pl. love·lies
1. A beautiful person, especially a woman.
2. A lovely object. dictionary source
Every woman young or old should be lovely. The question is are you? Would the people in your life say "Wow, she's a lovely person." I thought I'd share the above definition of the word lovely because it really captures what I believe a lovely woman should be - A person full of love, inspiring, having appealing beauty (both inside and out), enjoyable and delightful.
The work of loveliness ultimately starts from within and among many other things is revealed in the following ways:
The way you style yourself
The way you speak
The way you carry yourself
Secrets of a lovely woman
- A lovely woman takes the time to style herself well. By selecting age appropriate clothing with appropriate style, fit. lengths and complimenting colors, a woman expresses her degree of loveliness. Remember loveliness is not determined by price tags. It's determined by the suitable choices you make.
- A lovely woman works on her speech. This includes how she speaks to or addresses others. She makes others feel important and even more special than when they first met. A lovely woman reaches out to others by expressing kind and warm thoughts. She also gives sincere compliments to others - She says what she means and she means what she says. Lastly, a lovely woman speaks positively of herself.
- A lovely woman works on her persona and carriage and ultimately seeks to conduct herself in a very positive manner. I love good old fashion classic style and with it comes a high discipline in the area of loveliness. Work hard on carrying yourself well. Consider many things including the way you seat, walk and stand. Also, do not neglect the power of a smile when expressing loveliness. Smile warmly and thoughtfully to others. Let a meeting with you become a life changing experience for others.
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Phillipians 4:8, NIV)