Lagos Meets New York
In my last post African Queen, I showcased my contemporary take on traditional African fashion and style. In this post, I thought I'd showcase a more youthful, fun and everyday take on what a stylish African woman may wear when she's not in a head tie. I call this look: Lagos meet New York. This look features a clean cut blazer made by another emerging brand IZORA based in Lagos, Nigeria. IZORA is headed with passion, creativity and commitment by Tara Adeniyi. I love IZORA's choice of "Ankara" fabric for this blazer. I think it's fun and relevant.
IZORA's fabric choice allowed me to pair this blazer with my gorgeous Gigi New York Uber Clutch. If you are not familiar with this brand, Gigi New York is a premier family owned style brand based in Melville, New York with some of the finest leather suppliers from around the world. I must also mention Gigi New York is made in the USA. I love the option of staying true to where I was born with where I now reside. These two brands are worth watching, do you agree?
- This 'Afro-Blazer' made by IZORA, Nigeria | International readers in Nigeria, please call their Lagos Phone: 08033236441 | US readers, please dial +234 803 323 6441
- Personalized/Custom Monogrammed Uber Clutch by Gigi NewYork, available in many colors find here
- Matching mini wallet (not shown) also available in many colors find here
- Black Denim Pants, Sofia Fit by Lucky Brand Jeans find here
- Fab print pumps by Vince Camuto find here
- My African Princess Up-do and Make-Up by Malaika Cherie or 713-582-5669